Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hill Tribe Experience Part III and Some Elephant Riding

We drove down to another hill tribe on Wednesday November 24. We arrived at lunch and were fed rice – surprise! With some other vegetable dishes to go along and passion fruit and bananas. So good! After lunch we went on another hike. This one was not as intense as Tuesday’s up the mountain. There was some climbing but not too bad/ We saw hot chilli peppers, peanut fields and some others. But I’m not sure what they all were because I couldn’t always hear what was being said.

The village itself was quite similar to the other yet different. Same same but different as the thai people would say. Same style houses but situated differently for obvious reason as the village was a different village. Lifestyle I guess seemed to appear to be similar. I couldn’t really grasp much from this village because we weren’t there for too long and most of our time was spent on the hike. Other’s who didn’t go on the hike had a walk through the village and learned more about it. I wish I could have done that as well as the hike!

Thursday morning we went elephant riding! So much fun! Debbie and I went on an elephant together and we were the first elephant to head out. The first thing we did was cross a river. Debbie and I were unsure about this while heading down there. Not knowing what it would be like since we hadn’t seen anyone else go yet. We laughed a lot on there – even if it was a laugh of uncertainty at times.

The elephant had some blankets on his back and the bench we sat on was tied down on top of the blankets. The harness (if that is the correct word) went around the tail and belly of the elephant. It was sturdy even if it didn’t seem to be. My feet rested to the side of the elephant or on its back. I don’t think Debbie’s short lil legs could get that far. Although a few times with the jostling of the elephant’s movements she kicked the elephant guide that sat on the head/neck. But I did the same thing a few times…oops…

Our guide enjoyed to take the elephant off the beaten path and where the other elephants didn’t go. It was a lot of fun and sometimes made us a little unsure of where we were going. But Debbie and I just laughed. As Moriah said to us at the beginning “you two are perfect to go together because you’re both so expressive.” This is true. Debbie and I have a lot of fun together and we love to laugh!

It was a great experience and an incredible way to see the jungle from the back of an elephant. Unfortunately my camera died after taking one or two pictures…so there aren't many.
Sorry.

We stayed at a REALLY nice guest house on Wednesday night!

here's sorta a picture of our house

Gorgeous place!

Cool bench swings! they're my FAV!

So much awesome furniture!


Debbie and I recovering from the traumatic experience of crossing the river, totally Adrenaline Rush and complete excitement (and maybe a lil fear) that there was an elephant under our butts! a good good time!

Our Elephant 'driver'

No comments:

Post a Comment