This internship program is all about learning how to
organize and 'do' church (this of course takes on many meanings) and
life in ministry. Not only do I have the opportunity to get involved
in church ministries, outreach programs and various other volunteer
'gigs' (yes 'gigs') but I also have the opportunity to be mentored
in various settings and areas of life. It's the opportunity to have
others learned wisdom and life experience passed on to me; to glean
from what they've come to understand about life - relationships,
ministry, prayer, personal and spiritual growth and so much more. The
individuals that will be walking with and mentoring us over the next
weeks are so wonderful. I don't even think I have the words to
express how wonderful they are. One couple, Edith and Will, I
absolutely love already. They're gentle in spirit, open in mind, full
of wisdom and just radiate love to those around them. I've been here
a little over a week and already feel so loved by them - I am so
looking forward to our bi-weekly monday evenings together as they
impart their story and wisdom upon us. They have so much to offer and
I am excited for what is to come from our meetings.
That being
said, the last few days I've simply been in awe marvelling at this
opportunity. Over the next three months, I will have people sharing
their stories with me: their thoughts, their opinions, their
knowledge, their mistakes made and lessons learned. And I get to
glean from all of it, I have the chance to soak it all in and
hopefully learn and grow from what I hear. How amazing is that?
No comments:
Post a Comment